What is not updating your communications solution costing you?20 April 2022
You might believe that the communications system that you are currently operating on is ‘good enough’ but what if in reality, it simply isn’t?
Whether it be random, lengthy outages, patchy connectivity, collaboration or integration shortfalls, non-compliance with worker safety standards, poor voice and video transmission quality, or even user experience inefficiencies – your system could be in need of an upgrade.
CSE Crosscom have outlined three main pillars for identifying the latest technological functionalities that enhance business operations. These assist in forming the basis of our complementary solution checks to evaluate whether you have sufficient systems in place to keep your operations ticking over.
- Clear voice transmission over large distances
- Monitoring, recording and reporting on device communications
- Text services as well as traditional voice functionality
- Integration capability with smart devices via a push to talk over cellular (PoC) application interface (This functionality enables one to many communications and extends the reach of a radio network by using both cellular and Wi-Fi networks).
- Device capability to integrate with other systems that enable more efficient notification and reaction time in incident response
Worker Safety / Protection:
- Lone worker safety monitoring and man down alarms enabling rapid incident response to a marked location as required
- GPS capability to monitor location of device users both inside and outside of facilities on a smart device or PC
- Management of CCTV, digital two-way radios and body worn cameras on one, user friendly console
- Monitoring and management of smoke / fire, intruder and other hazard alarms
- Integration between body worn cameras and control operations, to enable oversight for incident response
- Control over business access – any person into any place within your business at any time
Impacts on your Business
It is one thing to be aware of the functionality of new technology, but understanding the potential impacts that could result from a deficient communications and video solution is another.
Responsible for a suite of daily operational tasks, such as greeting customers and incident management, through to internal, backend communication – your communications solution is connected to every touchpoint of your business, highlighting the importance to invest in a sufficient solution.
CSE Crosscom have investigated how a faulty or feature-lacking solution could be costing your businesses’ bottom line.
Reconsidering your solution? Let the team at CSE Crosscom help.